Monday, July 28, 2014

Concert: Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line


The other night I went to Nationals Ballpark for a country music concert starring Tyler Farr, Florida Georgia Line, and Jason Aldean. I will admit that I arrived a little late (but only maybe 20 minutes), and I didn't see Tyler Farr at all; Florida Georgia Line had already started, which makes me think Tyler only got to play a song or two. 

Florida Georgia Line has some of the hottest recent country songs, and I love them! Here are a few of my favorites that they performed:
This is How We Roll (sans Luke Bryan)

They were very fun to watch. Tyler Hubbard took his shirt off and the girls went wild! And they wore Nats jerseys for part of the time, which was a nice nod to DC and the local baseball team.
They also sang some Top 40 songs like Bruno Mars' Grenade (which I didn't love, simply because I was there to listen to country music), along with some good oldies, like Alabama's I'm in a Hurry.

Then there was a short intermission, and once the lights were on, you could really see how many people were there! Then it was time for Jason Aldean, who made quite an entrance with lots of pyrotechnics and fire works.


I like a lot of Jason Aldean's music. Here were some of the ones he performed:

The Truth
Night Train
When She Says Baby
Amarillo Sky
The Only Way I Know 
Hicktown
1994

He also sang Don't You Want to Stay, which features Kelly Clarkson. I figured he would just sing her parts, but they actually had a film of her singing the song, as if she were right there! So that was really cool!

The one thing I didn't really care for during the show was the videos played during the concert that objectified women. Rap videos usually get a lot of comments about that, but it looks like country music has taken a similar path. Here are some screen shots from their music videos. Notice how some of the shots don't even include a woman's head; her body is the important part, right? Ugh.





Yeah, because all women like to stand sexily in front of big trucks...
And the videos shown at the concert were even worse. They reminded me of Kanye West's Gold Digger or Ludacris' Money Maker with how provocative they were. If country music keeps its lyrics clean, it should have clean videos, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment