Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Restaurant Review: BJ's Brewhouse

Image found here: http://goo.gl/mH0Frl
The other night I went to BJ's Brewhouse for the first time. I'm not a beer drinker, so it's not really a place I'd normally go, but my boyfriend was interested, so we went. But...I'm not sure I'd go again. Here's why:

1. When we sat at the bar (since it was going to be a forty minute wait to seat two people), we immediately saw food bits on the bar because it hadn't been cleaned up. Gross!

2. I don't like beer, but I do enjoy the occassional cider, so I tried their berry-flavored cider. Let's just say it tastes like a children's medicine: it's sweet, but not sweet enough to cover the icky flavor. Ew.

3. I may not like beer, but I do drink white wine regularly, and since I really like sweet wines, I consider myself a connoisseur in that department. The moscato on their menu tasted like sugar water.

4. The service was very slow! Don't get me wrong, it was a Saturday night and there were lots of people there. But when we're sitting at the bar and have already been given our drinks, you would think the next step would be for our server to ask us what we would like to eat. But she made us wait at least ten minutes before she finally came back to check on us (meanwhile, she had been busy counting and dividing the tips from the tip jar...couldn't that wait?).

5. By the way, not once were we asked if we would like water along with our drinks and meal. Just because we're not sitting at a table doesn't mean we shouldn't get the full dining experience!

I guess the only thing I can't complain about was the food. We enjoyed one of their pizzas, which is the perfect size to share, and the five-cheese combo was very nice. Maybe I could just get BJ's take-out?

No comments:

Post a Comment