Monday, August 14, 2017

Recipe: Banana Peanut Butter Bread


Lately I've been buying bananas as usual, but since it's summertime, I end up getting berries and other fruits, too. Since the others are more seasonal, I end up neglecting the bananas, which end up over-ripening. So I do with them what anyone else would do: make banana bread. But I didn't want to make the some ol' banana bread, so I wondered if I could make peanut butter banana bread. And yes, you can.

I found this recipe on All Recipes, and it is delicious! (The batter is very yummy, too, if you're not too afraid of the salmonella risk. I have a strong immune system, so I just go for it!).

Ingredients
  •         ½ cup butter softened
  •         1 cup white sugar
  •          2 eggs
  •          ½ cup peanut butter
  •         2 bananas, mashed
  •         2 cups all-purpose flour
  •         1 teaspoon baking soda
  •         ½ cup chopped walnuts

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking soda until blended. Fold in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
  3. Bake at 325 degrees F for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. 
I didn't add walnuts (since a lot of people don't like nuts in desserts), but I added chocolate chips instead. And I cooked my loaf for an extra 5 minutes. I may have overbaked it a little bit, but I really wasn't sure if it was cooked all the way through, so I left it in the oven for a little longer. I think it turned out very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment