Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Recipe: Blackberry Cobbler


One thing I love about summertime is all of the fresh berries at the grocery store! And now that they're in season, they're always on sale, which means I'm going home after each shopping trip with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. But then I worry I won't be able to eat them all before they start going bad! So I thought a cobbler would be a great way to use a lot of them.

I Googled "easy berry cobbler recipe," and I found this one from MyRecipes.com. It IS easy!
Ingredients
  • 4 cups fresh blackberries
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • Whipped cream (optional)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice.
3. Stir together egg, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit.
4. Drizzle melted butter over topping.

5. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream and garnish with fresh mint sprig, if desired.

This recipe is so simple, and so delicious! I actually did half blackberry and half blueberry, and I definitely put whipped cream on mine (or ice cream. Or both...). This is certainly a recipe worth making again and again (like the quiche recipe I found the other week. I've now made three quiches already)!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment