Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Movie Review: "Thanks for Sharing"

http://content8.flixster.com/movie/11/17/54/11175466_800.jpg  

Last night after my yoga class I didn't have anything to do. So of course I turned to Netflix. I had already put Thanks for Sharing on my "Watch Instantly" queue (I like Mark Ruffalo and Gwyneth Paltrow), so I got snuggled up in bed and watched.

A movie about addiction doesn't really resonate with me, mainly because I don't have an addictive personality because I like to be in control of every facet of my life (and addiction seems to make you lose all control). So it was hard for me to relate to many of the characters in the movie. I probably am most like Gwyneth's character who doesn't understand her boyfriend's addiction and doesn't really want to deal with it. The film goes into some dark places, especially when Ruffalo's character completely loses it and gives into his addiction after five years of sobriety. But I certainly like the theme of self-improvement, with the addicts supporting each other in their AA meetings, so I can appreciate that. All in all the film has a happy ending, which I always like!

I was most impressed by Pink/Alecia Moore's performance. I love her music, and I didn't even know she was in movies. She did an excellent job! I completely believed her character, and if I didn't know who she was, I would have thought she was a renowned actress rather than a Grammy-winning singer. I will say that it was hard to see Tim Robbins as an old man. I picture him as Nuke in Bull Durham! But Joely Richardson, who plays his wife, looks absolutely amazing. I might argue she's even prettier than Gwyneth Paltrow!  So if nothing else, watch this movie just for the beautiful women in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment