Monday, August 31, 2015

Restaurant Review: A.G. Kitchen in Silver Spring, MD


I went to see Kip Moore at the Fillmore in Silver Spring last week (read my blog post about the concert here), so I wanted to go to a restaurant for dinner that was close by. I looked on Google Maps and found A.G. Kitchen. It's close to the venue, so I made reservations immediately (even before I saw the restaurant was mentioned in the latest Washingtonian Magazine). When I called the day of to say I would be late, the staff was very understanding, which I appreciated.

This restaurant is in a great location in downtown Silver Spring, and it's very spacious (I probably didn't even need a reservation). The restaurant is new, so I think it's still going through some growing pains: the floor looks like poured cement (hardwood would be much more suitable to the vibe); some ceiling panels were missing and bare wood was exposed; very small tables meant to fit four are scattered throughout the largest part of the restaurant (in such a big space, bigger furniture is better and simply more accommodating). BUT I liked the bright colors throughout the space, and there are some booths for seating, which is my preference.

On to the food and staff. I ordered the mini-tacos in which I could mix-and-match which kind I wanted. In the end, I vote that the fish and pork ones are the best. My friend got the Samba Chicken (a house favorite) and was very pleased. AGK's homemade guacamole is also delicious! I already want to go back to try some things I didn't get, like a margarita or the guacamole with fruit in it. Also, the staff is very friendly and attentive; my only complaint would be that they try to clear your plates too quickly, even before you're finished eating! And this was when the restaurant was more than half-empty, so it wasn't like they were trying to rush us so they could use the table for someone else.

All in all a great find, and I am looking forward to my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment