Monday, August 31, 2015

Restaurant Review: A.G. Kitchen in Silver Spring, MD


I went to see Kip Moore at the Fillmore in Silver Spring last week (read my blog post about the concert here), so I wanted to go to a restaurant for dinner that was close by. I looked on Google Maps and found A.G. Kitchen. It's close to the venue, so I made reservations immediately (even before I saw the restaurant was mentioned in the latest Washingtonian Magazine). When I called the day of to say I would be late, the staff was very understanding, which I appreciated.

This restaurant is in a great location in downtown Silver Spring, and it's very spacious (I probably didn't even need a reservation). The restaurant is new, so I think it's still going through some growing pains: the floor looks like poured cement (hardwood would be much more suitable to the vibe); some ceiling panels were missing and bare wood was exposed; very small tables meant to fit four are scattered throughout the largest part of the restaurant (in such a big space, bigger furniture is better and simply more accommodating). BUT I liked the bright colors throughout the space, and there are some booths for seating, which is my preference.

On to the food and staff. I ordered the mini-tacos in which I could mix-and-match which kind I wanted. In the end, I vote that the fish and pork ones are the best. My friend got the Samba Chicken (a house favorite) and was very pleased. AGK's homemade guacamole is also delicious! I already want to go back to try some things I didn't get, like a margarita or the guacamole with fruit in it. Also, the staff is very friendly and attentive; my only complaint would be that they try to clear your plates too quickly, even before you're finished eating! And this was when the restaurant was more than half-empty, so it wasn't like they were trying to rush us so they could use the table for someone else.

All in all a great find, and I am looking forward to my next visit!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points!
    קרמיקה למטבח

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately this restaurant has gone out of business. :(

      Delete