Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Concert: WMZQ's Stars 'n' Guitars 2016


Image found here.
For the past two years, I have gone to see WMZQ's "Stars 'n' Guitars" show at the Fillmore in Silver Spring. I always have a good time, and this year did not disappoint!

I had never seen a guitar before that looked like a tiger's stripes!
Craig Morgan was the host this year, and he did a great job! I've never seen him live before, but I would totally see him in concert again! Here are some of the songs he performed:

International Harvester (which totally describes the country area where I grew up)


Wake Up Lovin' You


When I'm Gone



Online the website says that Kelsea Ballerini was supposed to be there, but she was nowhere to be found. The only girl on stage that night was Maren Morris (this show needs some more woman power!). I was hoping to hear Ballerini's two biggest hits, "Dibs" and "Love Me Like You Mean It," but Morris did a nice job. Along with some of her own songs, she also performed a cover of Beyoncé's "Halo." Here are the songs she sang on Friday:




I Wish I Was (Don't get me started on the lack of subjunctive tense here...)



Easton Corbin is cute! And no longer married... ;)
I was really excited to see Easton Corbin, another artist I've been meaning to see but hadn't gotten around to it yet. He was really good, and I'd definitely go to see him a second time.

Yup

All Over the Road


A Little More Country Than That


Baby Be My Love Song


Funny story: Corbin's back-up guitarist was SO bored. He looked like that most of the show.

Brothers Osborne was also there (and they're from Maryland!). I didn't recognize the band's name, but once they sang some songs, I realized who they were. They are quite the duo, with TJ looking like a wanna-be Ryan Reynolds and his older brother John who looks like he should be on Duck Dynasty. But they sure can put on a show! I'd see them again, too!

Greener Pastures
Rum


Loving Me Back (No, Lee Ann Womack wasn't there.)

Stay a Little Longer


I wasn't able to get a great shot of Granger Smith!
 Granger Smith was the newest voice on stage, but he held his own!

The Country Boy Song (I think Earl Dibbles, Jr. is his alter-ego...?)

Country Boy Love


If The Boot Fits (He said his four-year-old daughter inspired this song, with the whole princess theme.)


 Backroad Song (his biggest hit!)



At the end the whole group sang "Take It Easy" by the Eagles. It seemed like Craig Morgan was the only one who knew all of the words. Guess it's an age thing...

All in all, this was a great show. I'm already looking forward to next February! AND this event raised $10,000 for the American Heart Association! "Take care of your heart so you can give it to someone else." I'm not exactly sure what that means...Metaphorically giving your heart to someone (i.e. falling in love), or taking care of your heart so that when you die you can donate your organs...?

Click here to see my blog posts about this show in 2014 and 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment