Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Blake Shelton Concert

Image found here

I bought these tickets MONTHS ago! I was so excited to see Blake Shelton, Brett Eldridge, Carly Pearce, AND Trace Adkins all in one night!

Her "What would Dolly do" T-shirt from Free People is so cute, but it's no longer for sale. Sad!
Carly Pearce opened the show, and since I had seen her just a couple of months ago, I already knew how good she was. While she didn't sing "I Need a Ride Home," which I love, she still sang some great songs:

If My Name Was Whiskey


Every Little Thing

Hide the Wine





Brett Eldredge was next, and his "Drunk on Your Love" song is MY JAM! Every time it comes on the radio I crank it up!


Unfortunately the live version was not so good. He was actually the weakest link in the bunch. I'm glad I could say I saw him in the concert, but I wouldn't pay to see him live again. But here's a taste of some of his other music:

Wanna Be That Song

The Long Way

Somethin' I'm Good At

Lose My Mind
Mean to Me
Beat of the Music
Don't Ya


Brett did this funny thing where he brought his dog Edgar on stage. Edgar was wearing headphones because of all the loud sounds, and he balanced a treat on his nose before eating it. This was kind of random, but such fun!

I thought this was a cool set for his song, "Ol' Red."

Then Blake Shelton came on stage, so I was worried that Trace Adkins wasn't performing that night, since he wasn't the head-liner. But we'll get to that later...

Blake sang SO MANY songs, all of them huge hits of course. He sang a bunch of the cheesy songs that I don't love:

Doin' What She Likes

Honey Bee

I'll Name the Dogs

Some Beach

And then ones that I like better:

Ol' Red

Came Here to Forget

Neon Light

Sure Be Cool if You Did


Mine Would Be You


THEN Trace Adkins came on stage, and the crowd went wild! This was the oldest crowd I've ever seen for a country music concert, so all of them definitely knew who he was and love his music! He was amazing and I loved each and every song he performed! (Although he didn't sing "I'm Tryin'" or "Songs About Me," which are some of my favorites from him.)

Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (Another one of "my" songs; you know why if you've seen my butt!)



Ladies Love Country Boys


You're Gonna Miss This



Blake and Trace did a "song off" contest. Blake sang "Who Are You When I'm Not Lookin'," but Trace won, hands down!
 And while he didn't play some of his older songs like "(This Ain't) No Thinkin' Thing" and "Then They Do," he did a "song off" with Blake and sang "Every Light in the House," which brought the HOUSE down:


 Then Blake and Trace sang "Hillbilly Bone" together:



There was a lot of fun banter between Blake and Trace, but it was all a bit unnecessary. It's obviously scripted or at least practiced ahead of time, since you know they do this each night. It was funny, but at this point we had been at the concert for nearly 3.5 hours, and I knew I had to drive to Pittsburgh the next morning, so I kept thinking, "I'm payin' you to sing, not crack jokes!" But I guess you get what you ask for: I think Blake tried to sing EVERY one of his songs. I get that you don't want to leave anything out, but when you're performing with THREE other people, you don't have the luxury to play every song (just like Faith Hill and Tim McGraw couldn't play all of their hits when I saw them in October). I go to concerts all the time, and I love country music, but four hours is just way too long... Here are the songs Blake sang in his second half:

Austin (His oldest and greatest hit. Honestly, if he had ended the show right there, no one would have been disappointed.)



I liked the cathedral-looking windows for his song, "God Gave Me You."
 God Gave Me You (I had never watched the music video before writing this blog, and it starts off with Miranda Lambert, Blake's ex-wife. Awkward...)


Boys 'Round Here

A Guy with the Girl



Blake also did a duet with Carly Pearce for his song "Lonely Tonight" :


Drink on It

WHEW! You can see how long that concert was just by reading this blog post! Definitely worth the money, and quite the experience, but I certainly was exhausted afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment