Monday, December 8, 2014

The Bayside Tigers at Rams Head Live


Image found at http://goo.gl/dLPfFA

The other night I went to see a 90's cover band called The Bayside Tigers at Rams Head Live! in Baltimore. Let's just say they are just a shadow of the 80's cover band The Legwarmers (read my blog post about them here). Although posters, ticket postings and such listed the concert as starting at 9pm, we actually had to listen to a DJ for over an hour, PLUS watch a 10 minute countdown that the band put together, so we waited about an hour and a half before the band actually started performing. I was so annoyed I couldn't even enjoy the music, and we left after the first set.

Here are the members of the band:

There's not too much to say about the two guitarists. Their vocals were pretty nondescript (which maybe is best for a cover band, since they're supposed to sound like other people). I was too distracted by Alex's arm tattoos (which I guess are appropriate for Baltimore) and Danny's uncanny resemblance to my ex to really listen to the music.




Then there was the drummer who also sang (but unfortunately is not as talented as Phil Collins or even Maya Tuttle from The Colourist). He reminded me of the comedian Nick Swardson; I half expected him to start telling jokes from behind the drums. And the lead singer's attempt to sound like Alanis Morissette was pretty sad, but at least her costumes were rather entertaining, especially for the Shania Twain and Spice Girls numbers.



But I shouldn't put all the blame on the band. Maybe the extended DJ intro was due to the venue. This wouldn't be the first time I've had a bad experience at Rams Head Live! in Baltimore. I keep telling myself I won't go back there for shows, and then I buy tickets and have a crappy time. Maybe that will be my first New Year's Resolution: I will NOT go to Rams Head anymore. And I wouldn't see The Bayside Tigers again, either.

The highlight of my night was getting this cute little sheep (or ram if you will) stamp on my hand at the door.
Image found at http://goo.gl/PXsOZq.

*All photos of the band members are from The Bayside Tigers' website.

No comments:

Post a Comment