- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and green pepper. Drain noodles; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat and cheese mixtures. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Click here to see this recipe online.