Monday, May 15, 2017

Recipe: Banana Coconut Muffins

I've never added a filter to a photo before, but this one looked better "Golden."
I had a few bananas that were getting to be a bit too ripe, so I figured I'd make banana bread with them. But I make that all the time, so I thought I'd mix it up and try this new recipe I found on Epicurious.



Ingredients
o    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
o    1 teaspoon baking powder
o    1/4 teaspoon salt
o    2 very ripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cup)
o    1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
o    2/3 cup sugar
o    1 large egg
o    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
o    3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut



Preparation
1.      Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin cups with liners.
2.      Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
3.      Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.

These were so easy to make, and they are delicious! They poofed up a lot, so I bet you could divide the batter into 10-12 muffins, not just 8. I think they look fun and different with the coconut sprinkled on top. Online there are 214 reviews, and 94% of people said they would make this recipe again. I would, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment