Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Old Dominion Concert

My parents and sister had already seen Old Dominion, so when I saw that the band was coming to DC, I had to get tickets. So my friend and I had dinner at Mi Vida and then made our way to the Anthem for the concert.
Image found here
We missed the first opener, Morgan Evans. But we had seen him open for Chris Young last year (read that blog post), so that was okay. His big hit is "Kiss Somebody" :



Image found here
The second opener was Jordan Davis. I didn't know anything about him; I couldn't even tell you what he sings. But he actually has some big songs:

Singles You Up

Take It From Me



Image found here
And Old Dominion was next! I didn't know how many band members there were or what they looked like, or even all of their songs. I just knew they were a famous country band that I hadn't seen live yet, so I wanted to check them off my list!

Here are some of their songs:

Snapback

Break Up with Him (I thought this was a Sam Hunt song haha)


Written in the Sand


Hotel Key

No Such Thing as a Broken Heart


Make It Sweet

Song for Another Time



My favorite part of the show was when they did an acoustic set. Many of the band members started out as song writers, so they sang bits of songs they had written and sold to other artists. I couldn't believe how many country hits they had written! It really shows just how talented this group is. Here are some of those hits:

Kenny Chesney's Save It for a Rainy Day



 Blake Shelton's Sangria


Craig Morgan's Wake Up Lovin' You


Tyler Farr's A Guy Walks Into a Bar


Dierks Bentley's Say You Do


The Band Perry's Better Dig Two


Sam Hunt's Make You Miss Me


We had such a fun time, but because Old Dominion not only has so many of their own song but also performed those other hits, this was a LONG concert. Be prepared for a great but extensive show if you see them live!

No comments:

Post a Comment