Friday, January 24, 2020

Interfusion Festival 2020: Monday

Image found here
MLK Day was the last day of the Interfusion Festival! I like how the last day is just a half day, so you still have time to get back to your routine before returning to work the next day. Plus, I was so exhausted (in a good way) from the festival that I really could only take a few more workshops!

Image found here
The first workshop of the morning was with Chandra Bliss called, "Spinal Decompression Yoga: Neck and Shoulder Nirvana." I took a similar class with her last year, and it really is a great way to end the weekend. You get to stretch out and focus on using your bones rather than your muscles to move you. This wasn't a flow yoga class; it was more like therapeutic stretching. I did feel better afterward. I wish I remembered more of the stretches!

Image found here
And finally my last workshop was another AcroYoga class with Jean-Jacques Gabriel. I really enjoyed the other class I took with him earlier during the weekend. First we did some Thai massage; I was partnered with someone who had based me in a previous AcroYoga class, so at least he was familiar. Then we learned more AcroYoga poses that would stretch us out with the help of a partner. Again, I partnered with someone from an earlier class, and she was really great to work with. I was able to base our male third a few times (not very well, but at least I could hold him up!). I will definitely continue taking classes with Jean-Jacques as long as he keeps participating in Interfusion.

Next up for 2021 is Interfusion Festival: Ascension! You know I'll be buying early bird tickets as soon as they go on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment