Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies


Image found here
After the "meh" recipe for coconut chocolate chip cookies (read that blog post here), I wanted to try another recipe. I have SO many sprinkles at home (I guess I dream of making ice cream sundaes every night), so I thought I'd use some of them up in cookies. I came across this recipe from the Taste of Home website. It seemed easy enough, and it was! I really enjoyed how this website just got down to the facts without the (long) story beforehand. Get to the important stuff!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 2 cups coarsely crushed ice cream sugar cones (about 16)
  • 1 cup sprinkles

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, crushed sugar cones and sprinkles.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
This dough was very easy to work with! It was so creamy and smooth. I didn't bother with the ice cream cones, and I only did one cup of chocolate chips (I find more than one is just overpowering to any cookie.). And the cookies came out of the oven as perfect circles! BUT... eight minutes is not long enough. Even though they looked perfect, as I tried to remove them from the cookie sheets, they started cracking and breaking. Even after I put one sheet back in the oven for another five minutes, that still didn't seem like enough time. I like my cookies soft and chewy, but they still need to be able to keep their shape!

But other than that, I was really pleased with this recipe. Very yummy, and pretty, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment