Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Recipe: Baked Pumpkin Pie Pudding


Before Thanksgiving, I visited Balducci's and came across the "America's Favorite Pumpkin Recipes" magazine created by Centennial Kitchen. While I normally would not pay THIRTEEN dollars for a magazine, I do love all things pumpkin, so I figured I would treat this magazine like a cookbook and use it throughout the years every fall.

I flipped through it, and everything looked so good! I wanted to start with a recipe that sounded easy to make and for which I already had most of the ingredients. Their recipe for a baked pumpkin pie pudding fit that description perfectly.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin (essentially one can)
  • 1.5 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Pinch of baking soda
  • 2 tbl. pumpkin pie spice

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450° F. Pour melted butter into a 9-inch square baking dish; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whish together eggs, pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, evaporated milk, flour, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
  3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle over pumpkin mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until center is set.

This was very easy to make! I think my main complaint is that two tablespoons is A LOT of pumpkin pie spice. It's normally sold in a very small jar (just over one ounce, which is about a thing of nail polish), so this one recipe probably used up half of my jar. And I'm not sure the recipe even needs that much; I think one tablespoon would have sufficed.

But the finished product was delicious! It's certainly good on its own, but I enjoyed mine with some ice cream on top. Quick, easy, and yummy: what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment