Monday, September 26, 2022

Maddie & Tae Concert

Image found here

I waited more than two years for this Maddie & Tae concert because of COVID-19! The original tickets were for June 2020, and I didn't end up going until this past weekend. Jeez! But I'm glad it finally happened. Plus, I hadn't been to the Baltimore Soundstage is years, so I was excited to go back there (not that the venue is great, but it is small, so more intimate). 

The whole line-up was women, so I was excited about that! The first opener was Abbey Cone. I'd never heard of her before, but she looks the part: very pretty, and she had the best make-up of the night! It was just her and her guitar up there, so that was pretty cool. Here are two of her songs:

Rhinestone Ring (This was my favorite song of hers!)

Hate Me


Next up was Sacha, who I have the feeling wants to be the Beyoncé of country music. I didn't like her set as much because I could barely hear her over the drums. This may not have been her fault: the mix might not have been right, and her mic (which she had covered in lipstick by the end of her show) wasn't loud enough. I thought the best part of her performance was the Taylor Swift medley she did! But, not a bad way to engage a room full of young, female, country music fans, so she's smart in that way. Here are a few videos:

Pretty Please (This is actually the only song of hers I remember...)

Cheers

We Did



Then we had a long wait before the main act came on. But the crowd was so excited when they finally did! I wish I had listened to more Maddie & Tae songs before going to the concert (I always say I'll do that and then never do), but they did sing a few songs I had forgotten about. And they sang all the songs I love, so that was great! Here's a good mix:

Girl in a Country Song (their first big hit!)

Fly


Through the Madness (also had never heard this song before!)


Trying on Rings (so romantic!)


Bathroom Floor (I had never heard this song before, but I liked it!)

Woman You Got (One of their newer songs, so I don't know it as well, but it is fun!)

Die from a Broken Heart (This was their last encore song. I'm surprised they ended the show with such a sad song. But it's probably one of their most popular hits: all women can relate to this!)

Just a great girl-power country night! Next up: Kelsea Ballerini at the Anthem on Wednesday night! Stay tuned for that blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment