Thursday, October 12, 2023

Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel in Concert

Image found here

Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel are such rock legends, so when I saw that they were performing together in Baltimore, I knew I wanted to see that show. They are both in their mid-70's: who knows how long they will keep doing this! I thought this could be my last chance to see either of them live. We were in the nosebleed section of M&T Stadium, and it was a chilly October night, but I was prepared with a blazer, windbreaker, and faux fur coat (I even brought a towel to sit on to keep the plastic seat warm). I wasn't going to let the cold weather stop me from enjoying this concert!

I know Nicks mostly through her music with Fleetwood Mac (which I think is true for a lot of people). She sang some of those songs, but also included music of her own. Here are my two favorites:

Landslide

Edge of Seventeen (not called "White Winged Dove" like I thought!)


While Nicks only sings, Billy Joel is an excellent musician in his own right, playing the piano (of course), the guitar, and the harmonica (and maybe more!). And his band was just as talented! Crystal Taliefero, who played percussion and the saxophone, sang River Deep Mountain High, and it was great!

And his lead guitarist, Mike DelGuidice, can sing opera! He was amazing! I think this was my favorite part of the night, mainly because it was just so unexpected! The video below is from 2016, but he sang the same song and sounded just as good:


And then of course Joel has all of his huge hits. He has so many songs that he kind of did the concert in three parts: the first part, then what you thought was the encore but actually the second part, and then the encore. So it was a lot of music!

Paino Man (My favorite!)


Scenes from an Italian Restaurant (my fiancé's favorite)

You May Be Right

Uptown Girl

We Didn't Start the Fire


It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

Big Shot


The list could go on and on! So much talent and for such a long time! I'm sure they never imagined when they first started out as performers that they would not only become so famous but stay so famous. LEGENDS! Such a great concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment