Thursday, November 14, 2013

Eli Young Band at Rams Head Live!

 

Last night I finally made it up to Rams Head Live! in Baltimore. I've been to many of the well-known concert venues closer to DC, like the Fillmore in Silver Spring, the Strathmore in Bethesda, the Kennedy Center, the 9:30 Club, etc. So I branched out and headed up north.

Rams Head Live! is nestled in the Power Plant, where many restaurants and bars are located, so that makes it easy to grab dinner and drinks before a show. The Power Plant is a go-to hang out spot in Baltimore, so it is easily accessible, and there is plenty of parking around the area. Inside, the concert venue is similar to other places, with a large open standing area surrounded by balconies around the perimeter higher up. There are several bars throughout for convenient drinks. I've already bought tickets to see Panic!at the Disco there, so clearly I enjoyed the venue enough to go again!

Now for the musical acts I saw. The opener was Eric Paslay, whose hit "Friday Night" easily gets stuck in my head. He did a great job, and I respected him even more when I learned that he wrote his own songs, even Jake Owen's "Barefoot Blue Jean Night." Following him was our headliner, the Eli Young Band. The crowd went crazy when they played "Drunk Last Night," but everyone also enjoyed their old favorites like "Crazy Girl" and "Even if it Breaks Your Heart." I will ashamedly admit that I didn't realize that "Eli" and "Young" are the last names of two of the band members; I just assumed the lead singer's name was Eli Young! Does that make me a bad country music fan?

The venue is cool, the bands were great, the crowd wasn't rowdy at all (granted, it was a Wednesday night...), so definitely a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment