Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The only negative blog post you'll read about Frozen


It's not that I didn't like Frozen. It's another cute cartoon movie by Disney. Of course, I think the fact that I'm an adult took away some enjoyment from the animated film, but then again, tons of friends my age loved it, so... Anyway, I guess I just don't see it going into the canon of classic Disney movies. Actually, I felt like there were many parts of the film that just copied other Disney movies. Like these:

-The opening song sounded like the Native American chanting from Pocahontas.

-When Anna and Hans are singing together, it was too reminiscent of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, and then like The Lion King soon after.
 

-When Olaf is riding on Sven's back and looking up at the stars, it just reminded me of Timon and Pumba contemplating the sky in The Lion King.


-When Kristoff is hanging from the cliff, he looks like this scene from Mulan.
 

You see what I mean? But, again, I didn't dislike the movie. I loved when Elsa made the ice castle, and I think the song "Let It Go" is pretty catchy. But will I memorize the words to this song? No. Will Elsa and Anna be the first to come to mind when I think of Disney princesses? No. It's a cute movie, but it still doesn't compare to the Disney films of the 1990's.

No comments:

Post a Comment