Wednesday, August 3, 2016

DC Improv Comedy Show

Image found here.
Last week I went to the DC Improv to see some stand-up comedy. I go to this venue every once and a while, and though I wasn't really familiar with the main act, I was ready to see some professional comedians (I had seen some amateurs perform at Buckeye + Bear a few days before, and it wasn't pretty...).
Image found here.

The show started off with Cerrome Russell, who walked out on stage saying, "Yeah, I don't recognize you, either!" I had never heard of him before, but he was hilarious! I thought one of his funniest jokes was when he said his wife wouldn't perform certain sexual acts because she wasn't "raised that way." And he fires back, "Who is 'raised' to do any of those things?!" I couldn't find any good YouTube videos, but if you see that he's performing somewhere, I definitely recommend you go!

Image found here.
Then it was Katrina Pope's turn. This comedienne did a great job! I loved her jokes about dating men who really weren't the greatest (like the deadbeat without a job who sleeps on an air mattress), and how she prayed to Jesus to change her ways. I believe she lives in Brooklyn now, so if you're headed to New York, check to see if she's performing!

Tony Roberts was the main act, and he was HILARIOUS! This was one of those shows where I was laughing so hard that I was actually crying. Here are some videos to similar jokes he told that night:

"You Need Your Ass Beat" (i.e. his version of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck" jokes)


"Ass Eaters"

Tony Roberts Raps

"Jesus on a motorcycle!" I mean, how can you NOT laugh at that visual? Definitely one of the best comedy shows I have been to in a long time. What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment