Thursday, December 27, 2018

My Family Christmas Food


I usually spend Christmas with my parents on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, so I headed over that way last Friday for the holiday. My sister was visiting her boyfriend's family in Ohio, and my grandparents cancelled at the last minute, so we had a small gathering (not that we have a big family to begin with: my sister and I are the only grandchildren). My aunt and uncle visited from Virginia, so the five of us spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together.

Of course we ate TONS of food over the holiday. Here are some of our creations:


Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Bread Sticks

Image found here (these photos clearly are out of proportion compared to each other!)

Pecan Cranberry Goat Cheese Balls



Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes (inspired by our favorite Cheesecake Factory dish!)

Image found here
Classic Butter Balls (we use pecans instead of walnuts)

Image found here
Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake (Ours did not rise for some reason, so it was probably a third in height compared to the recipe's picture!)

My mom and I made three other kinds of cookies, and she made turkey enchiladas for Christmas Eve dinner, along with bacon-wrapped scallops. We were eatin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment