Monday, July 29, 2019

Elvis Costello and Blondie in Concert

Even though my dad had just had surgery the day before, he was still up for seeing this concert at The Anthem last Friday (I wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else!). We had seen Blondie before (read that blog post here), but we hadn't seen Elvis Costello & the Imposters (which is like his original group the Attractions except with some different people). So after our yummy dinner at Mi Vida (the seafood empanadas are delicious!), we went over to the venue early for happy hour (and as a 9:30 Club "Friends with Benefits" member, I got some extra points for coming early. Whatever that means.).

We weren't sure who would headline, since they're both pretty famous New Wave artists. But Blondie went first. My dad and I liked this performance better than the last time we saw her, but we attributed that to the fact that, last time, we were sitting outside in the rain and it was really late.



Here are some of Blondie's most famous hits (although she also sang a version of Old Town Road, which was awesome):

Rapture

Heart of Glass

Call Me

Maria

One Way or Another

The Tide is High

She also performed the song To Russia with Love as some sort of protest against Trump. She even had the seal (shown above) that has a two-headed eagle on it (a Russian symbol). 


Then it was Elvis Costello's turn. I wasn't as familiar with his music, but my dad was really pumped! Here are some of his songs:

Alison

Pump It Up

Watching the Detectives


Every Day I Write the Book (I didn't know this was his song!)


(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding (This was his political statement song that he played at the end of his set.)


Definitely a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment