|Image found here.|
Ingredients (divided by wet and dry)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl; add apples.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl; add to apple mixture and stir just until evenly combined into a thick batter. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover loaf pan with aluminum foil; continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes more. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Instead of using plain vegetable oil, I used an orange-flavored oil I bought from Olivins in St. Michaels, MD. This is a great way to add more flavor to any recipe! (It tastes great in brownies!)
2. Rather than just using cinnamon, I also added half a teaspoon of all-spice.
This bread is very moist and quite decadent! A delicious dessert!