Again, with the plethora of apples I picked last weekend, I decided to try to make apple muffins. I chose this recipe from allrecipes.com because it doesn't call for streusel, which to me is kind of a pain to make. This recipe only makes a dozen, but I suppose it would be pretty easy to double the batch.
Ingredients (divided by wet and dry)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.