Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Recipe: Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes


Clearly I'm still on my pumpkin baking kick. Before work today, I decided to make pumpkin cupcakes using this recipe from Taste of Home. In general, recipes that use a boxed cake mix are pretty easy (except for when you don't actually follow the recipe, like when I tried to make unicorn cake mix cookies. Read about that disaster here.). This one turned out okay!

Ingredients

Cake

  • 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
  • 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin
  •  2/3 cup water
  •  ¼ cup maple syrup
  • 3 large eggs, room temperature
  • 4 tsp. sugar
  • 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • Dash salt

Topping

  •          1 carton (16 oz.) caramel apple dip
  •          Chocolate frosting and decorating icing, optional

A few notes from me, as usual. I used regular syrup, not pure maple syrup, so I guess I really just added a lot of high fructose corn syrup to my cupcakes. I also didn't even bother to top the cupcakes. One, they travel more easily and neatly that way (I'll probably take them to my parents' house), and it's just added calories to an already sweet snack (especially because of the high fructose corn syrup). I figure if I share them with anyone, if that person wants to choose a topping on their own, they can do that. The texture is soft, bouncy, and chewy; they're denser than a regular cupcake, which I like. I baked them using my new silicon cupcake liners for the first time, and they worked really nicely! You just turn them inside out and the cupcake pops right out, AND they're dishwasher safe for easy clean-up! 

Just another pumpkin recipe I recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment