Monday, August 26, 2024

Dan + Shay Concert at Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheater

Image found here

I bought tickets to see Dan + Shay at the Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheater even before I moved to Florida. I saw them in 2018 (so long ago!) when they opened for Chris Young (read that blog post here), but I had never seen them headline a show before. Plus, I love outdoor venues like Wolf Trap and Merriweather Post Pavilion in the D.C. area, so I wanted to try a similar venue in Tampa. 

Unfortunately, it started POURING on our drive there. There wasn't a lot of signage, so even though I paid for premiere parking (which I didn't need; I received an email saying I needed to purchase parking, which was not the case), I just parked in the first lot I came to. We sat in the car for probably an hour, getting updates via email and social media that the gates were delayed in opening until the storm calmed down. Finally the rain stopped and we could come in. The entry lines were SO long, but luckily they moved quickly. Once we were inside, we easily found a good spot on the lawn where our views weren't blocked by lawn chairs. Steve bought us drinks (the raspberry lemonade from Smirnoff Ice is delicious!), and we settled in for the show.

Dylan Marlowe was the first opener. I had heard his name before, but I couldn't have named one of his songs. I didn't recognize any of his songs, but he did do a cover of Taylor Swift's "Back to December," which I love. So that was fun!

The second opener was Jake Owen. I totally forgot that I had seen him open for Kenny Chesney in 2015 (even longer ago! Read that blog post here.); he even had the short hair back then and I still remembered him with long hair. He has so many great hits, and it was fun to see him again (for the first time in my mind haha). Here are some of my favorites:

Barefoot Blue Jean Night

Anywhere With You

Alone With You

Made For You



Then it was Dan + Shay's turn! Even though I slept through some of their set (I had woken up at 5:10am that morning to teach Pure Barre!), I still really enjoyed the show. Here are some of the songs they sang:

All to Myself


From the Ground Up

How Not To

Speechless

Save Me the Trouble

Bigger Houses

Glad You Exist

10,000 Hours (which I didn't know was originally recorded with Justin Bieber!)

We left early to beat the crowds, but as we were walking out, we could hear them sing a cover of The Killers' "Mr. Brightside," and the whole audience was singing along. And we missed the encore song, but my guess is that it was "Tequila," which is my favorite song of theirs:

Such a fun show and a good venue! We will be back, and hopefully it won't rain next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment