Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Recipe: Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have followed the Crazy for Crust blog for years now. I look at the emails regularly, and when there's a recipe I want to try, I tuck it away, usually never to be found again. BUT since I started my new job this week (yay!), I wanted to bring a treat to the office on my first day. I saw this recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and I knew I had to give it a go.

Ingredients

  • ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter melted
  • ½ cup (133g) creamy peanut butter
  • ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • ⅔ cup (134g) packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ¼ cups (155g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 ¼ cups (213g) chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Mix or stir butter with peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until creamy.
  2. Beat in vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt. Mix in flour slowly until cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Scoop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Chill 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  5. Press cookie dough balls flat with the tines of a fork.
  6. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes, or until slightly brown on the bottom and the top just loses the wet cookie dough look.
  7. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.

This recipe was really easy! I mean, you don't even have to mix the dry and wet ingredients separately! Even letting the dough chill wasn't too annoying. I might have made the cookies too big (I only got 20), so even after nine minutes they weren't fully baked yet. But I hate overbaked cookies (then they are too dry and crunchy), so I actually was pleased with the softer texture. I brought some to a friend's house, too, and she loved them! So I think I'll be making this recipe again 💗.

No comments:

Post a Comment