Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beyonce's song "Yes"


I was listening to Beyonce's Dangerously in Love album (old school!), and came across this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQrEy_mTFNk

Here's the chorus:

I said yes to your number
And yes to you dating me
Yes we can be together
But you gotta wait for me
The first time I said no
Its like I never said yes

I said yes we can be together
Yes you can stay with me
But when I say no not tonight
You actin so ungratefully
The first time I said no
Its like I never said yes

Although I'd rather not generalize about men, I can't help it. I can't tell you how many times I myself have been in this same situation. I like someone, he likes me, we talk and go out for a little while, and then *poof*! He vanishes as soon as I say I won't have sex with him. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but should I really have to sleep with a guy on the third date to keep him interested? I realize humans are indeed animals and therefore (biologically) our number one goal in life is to procreate. But we ARE humans, and therefore can consciously make decisions that may go against our instinctual nature. I feel like many women have made this leap: how about it, Gentlemen? Are you ready to stop playing the "missing link" and become full-grown Homo sapiens?

No comments:

Post a Comment