Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Keeping Appointments

Maybe it's because I'm an expert at time management, but I just don't understand why people/offices/businesses cannot keep appointment times. It's already bad enough that my friends can't show up on time, but when it's something really important? I mean, really?

I remember in college setting up office hours meetings with my professors, and frequently the professors would be busy with something/someone else, or not even be there at all! Why did I even bother setting up a specific time to meet with him/her when I was just going to have to sit and wait anyway? The same goes for hair cut appointments: when I say I want an appointment at 9, that doesn't mean I want to sit around for an hour and finally get started at 10. And the other day, I went to get an MRI done on my knee, and the woman at the front desk told me I had missed my appointment, that I was 1.5 hours late. I told her, "I spoke with someone from your office YESTERDAY to confirm my appointment time, and they told me it was at this time." The woman kept giving me the stink eye as if this issue were MY fault.

The fact that I'm in my early 20's and STILL more responsible when it comes to time management than doctors and professors blows my mind. What is the world coming to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment