Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Don't you worry, child."


"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
-Swedish House Mafia

Every time I hear this song, I immediately feel happier, no matter what my mood was beforehand. It's got a good beat and is fun to dance to. But more importantly, the lyrics above just give me a sigh of relief. I'm a worry-wart and over-think things ALL the time. And as a perfectionist, I'm always thinking about what I'm doing wrong, or what I'm not accomplishing, etc. But the idea of taking a step back, breathing deeply, and letting God take care of things is such a calming thought. Maybe it's lazy, thinking God is going to do all the work for you and making your life what it is. I believe in making your own destiny, but I also believe God is there all the time helping you make it happen. So make goals and work hard to achieve them, but have faith that God is watching over you and leading you right where you need to be. We don't have all of the answers, but He does. So don't worry: He's got a plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment