Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Netflix


Can I assume that I am not the only person who is dissatisfied with the movies that Netflix has to choose from for streaming? Of course you can get almost EVERY movie on DVD, but if you only get streaming, then you have to choose from the worst D-list movies, from unknown pathetic comedies to racy foreign films. I know that a lot of people prefer to stream television shows, and I will admit that Netflix does seem to have a wide variety of those. However, I prefer to watch movies to TV shows (if I'm going to watch something that's scripted, I'd rather see an entire film than a 30-minute sound bite). And it seems to take FOREVER for new movies to eventually make their way onto Netflix: sure, I can watch some of my favorite movies that were made in the 80's and 90's, but if I want to see something that left theaters just a few months ago, I feel like I have to wait AGES for Netflix streaming to finally pick it up. So now I watch movies on Netflix mainly because I'm bored; I assume I will not actually enjoy the entertainment. Who else agrees with me?

1 comment:

  1. I agree whole-heartedly!!! I wanted to watch the movie, "Basic Instinct" with Michael Douglas, but couldn't remember the title at that particular moment. So... I went to the search button (it looks like a magnifying glass) and put in Michael Douglas... no matches found!!! What? Does that mean that as consumers we have to know the EXACT title of a movie in order to view it??? Sad.

    ReplyDelete