Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Tea


This Easter, I was invited to my first legitimate tea party. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was exactly how I imagined. My friend Sara was the perfect hostess (as in the opposite of most of my friends). She had put together a smorgasbord of miniature sandwiches, tortes, and desserts that would blow your mind.

 There were bite-sized snacks of prosciutto, mashed peas, and cheese on pieces of baguette. On English muffins were blackberries, raspberries, and lemon curd. Zucchini, eggplant, mint, and a Greek yogurt sauce filled mini pita pockets. The little sandwiches included tomato and cheddar as well as cucumber and smoked salmon. Pieces of sweet whole grain bread (with raisins and such) were covered with cream cheese and strawberries. Each of these unique creations was delectable!



There were cookies (thank you, Whole Foods), and one of her guests brought homemade scones (I had planned on bringing banana bread, but of course forgot the loaf on my counter, so I quickly bought a bouquet of flowers to make up for my thoughtlessness). Sara also made a delicious yellow cake covered with lemon curd, homemade whipped cream, and shredded coconut.

And of course there was tea! She had many different varieties, and we all had cute little china tea cups (along with matching plates, I might add) from which to enjoy our beverages.

After having experienced other friends host get-togethers, I must say that this was the best one I have ever attended. The food was delicious, but the presentation was even more incredible. And the fact that Sara was prepared to host several guests in her small studio apartment, having enough chairs, cups, etc. for everyone, was impressive compared to what my other friends have put together (and even though I host a classy wine and cheese, I myself do not measure up to these hostess standards). Five stars for this Easter party!

P.S. I even got to hang out with a real bunny on Easter! Does it get any better than that?





No comments:

Post a Comment