Sunday, July 21, 2013

An afternoon in Georgetown

I usually never go to Georgetown because it is a pain to get to. There is no metro stop in Georgetown, and if you drive, you have to deal with parking, which is even more of an inconvenience. However, yesterday some friends were going there and invited me to come along, and since one of them was driving, I happily joined in (I helped pay for parking! I did!).

Our first stop was a flea market (when I see a bunch of white tents, I must stop out of curiosity!). We passed by many artisans with their wares as well as booths featuring fresh squeezed lemonade and homemade baked goods, but of course I had to stop at the jewelry. I found these two cute little rings (dainty jewelry is my favorite). The one features a tiny sparkly heart, and the other is an elephant (which many believe symbolizes good luck, but I just like animals).


I also bought this precious light blue dress. For $20, how could I say no? It has two cut-outs at the hip, and laces up the back (I'll have to break out that backless-strapless bra...). It seems like the perfect summer dress, so once I get it dry cleaned, I'm gonna rock it! Put it on, wear it out!


Then we made our way to get some refreshments. We enjoyed some bubble tea (so yummy!), and had to check out the cupcakes from Baked & Wired. Then we walked along the Potomac River for a little bit, then returned to M Street to check out some consignment shops, including Second Time Around and Buffalo Exchange (though I did not find any goodies. Though these stores have great deals, their merchandise is definitely hit or miss!). We also stopped in some home good stores, but mainly just to take advantage of their air conditioning.

Once we finished wandering about, we decided it was time for dinner. We drove into the city to go to the Pearl Dive Oyster Palace. My one friend and I had been there before, and the others were visiting DC, so we thought they should enjoy some of the best seafood in town. We had some delectable oysters of course, and even though the restaurant is known for its mollusks, I actually indulged in their fried chicken, which is amazing (Hint: it's a huge portion, so split it between two people like we did!). Once our tummies were full, we were quite content with our day of exploration in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment