Sunday, July 28, 2013

Citi Open Tennis Tournament

I was planning on playing tennis today, but when my friend invited me to go to the Citi Open qualifiers with her, I immediately cancelled my Meet-Up plans. I can play tennis any time, but you can't just go to a tennis tournament whenever you want!

So we took the metro to the Van Ness-UDC metro stop, where a shuttle then picked us up to drive us to the courts (so convenient!). We drove past Rock Creek Park, which was quite scenic, and then we saw all of these tents surrounded by this forested area. It reminded me of the AT&T National golf tournament I went to earlier this summer, with all of the tents selling food, sports merchandise, and offering contests to win a car. We grabbed some KIND bars and made our way into the stadium to watch Matthew Ebden beat Saketh Myneni (I'll always root for a cute Australian guy). We watched some ladies matches as well. During all of the matches, it was fun being so close to the players and seeing how human they are; both sweat and tears were shed. Plus, being outside on a warm summer day is always enjoyable: we got to relax in the sun, wave little U.S. flags, and eat hot dogs. Can you get more American than that?

Enjoy some photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment