Friday, July 26, 2013

Staying active all day!

I will start off saying that I'm not sure how good of an idea this is. I was inspired to talk about this when I had such an active day yesterday. Of course I started my day at the gym: nothing extreme, just 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then I went hiking for work (how cool is that?) up Sugarloaf Mountain in Maryland (expect a lengthy blog post in the future about how awesome this place is), and that night spent two hours blues dancing at Glen Echo. And then of course I had a tough cardio conditioning class at the Washington Sports Club this morning...Needless to say, that was a lot for 24 hours. It was an amazing day, though! How great is it to start your day off right with some exercise, enjoy the great outdoors with a hike mid-day, and then finish off the night with some incredible dancing that makes you break into a sweat? That's my kinda day!

So that's why I would recommend being active all day, just because it makes you feel good. As I've said before, morning work-outs are super; you feel really accomplished, and your day has only just begun! But what about during the rest of the day? I know people who stand at their computers at work, or who take walks at lunch time to stretch their legs. I definitely recommend those activities, especially if you have the kind of job where that's all you can do in the middle of the day. And then at night, you could take a yoga class to work on your flexibility, go to the gym for a tough work-out if you didn't do one that morning, or go dancing like I did! Anything to keep you moving. Many of us lead such sedentary lives (hello, obesity epidemic!), so get up and go!

But take a rest when you need one. My knees are killing me today...

No comments:

Post a Comment