Monday, February 11, 2013

Local magazines


I just started receiving The Washingtonian this year (an $18 subscription sounded like an okay deal, especially since I usually pay $4 for one copy of Cosmopolitan). I think reading a local magazine like this can be very helpful, particularly when looking for things to do or see in the city. I've been reading the February issue, which is all about the best restaurants in the DC Metro area. Now I want to go and try all of them! I also receive Bethesda Magazine, which is VERY local, and it always features coupons and deals for stores and restaurants in the area. Local magazines can tell you about upcoming events, exhibits at art galleries, etc., things you may not have known about otherwise. It's good to stay up-to-date on what's going on in your city or town, and plus, reading a magazine is more fun than a newspaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment