Saturday, February 9, 2013

Personal Grooming: Tip #2


I don't know when it became the norm to shower every morning. Obviously cavemen never showered, and even the pilgrims only had their yearly bath. But somewhere along the way, Americans came to believe that if you don't shower everyday, you're dirty and disgusting. This is ludicrous. For one, I'd say most of us don't do anything throughout the day to get "dirty" enough to warrant a shower: most Americans are overweight, so clearly they're not sweating at the gym, and a lot of us just sit at a desk for 8 hours a day for work. Two, your hair has natural oils that are actually good for it! You don't want to wash them away every day. I have friends who swear they think their hair looks better a day or two without shampooing it, which is completely normal and natural! Three, if you're taking a shower every day, you're going through your product REALLY fast. Why not save some money by buying less shampoo? Since my hair is naturally oily, I only have to condition it once a week because the natural oils keep it sleek and soft anyway. So you can imagine how slowly I go through cream-rinse (and don't let expiration dates fool you. Your product will last longer than the date stamped on the bottle). So I suggest taking showers (or shampooing your hair at least) every other day rather than every day. You really don't NEED to shower all the time, so why do it? Don't you have better things to do with that 10-20 minutes every morning? I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment