Thursday, October 24, 2013

Another quote post



“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Dr. Stephen Covey 

I saw this quote on Beliefnet. As a planner, I'm always trying to plan my future. I would be one of those people who would totally pay for a crystal ball to tell me every detail of my life so that I wouldn't have to worry about what would happen next. However, life doesn't work like that, so instead I must use my planning skills to try to guarantee what I want to happen as best as I can.

I definitely believe in making your own destiny. Yes, I like to think God has some path for me that I'm supposed to follow, or at least milestones that I'm going to meet during my lifetime. But how I get there is my choice. I'm not one to just let things happen (go figure); I'm taking the bull of life by the horns! If you want your future to hold a good education and a job, you have to WORK for those things: you need to study hard and fill out those school applications; you have to write and re-write your résumé 100 times and go to who knows how many interviews. That's what I did, and now look where I am. I made it happen: YOU can make it happen.

The future doesn't have to be a nebulous thing just waiting for you. You can't predict everything, but you can have a say in some things. The future doesn't have to be a guessing game: you can make the answers up yourself! Be the creator of your own future!

No comments:

Post a Comment