Saturday, October 5, 2013

Concert: Chase Rice

Friday night I saw Chase Rice in concert at the Fillmore in Silver Spring. I had been to the venue twice before (to see Sean Paul and Pentatonix), and though I wasn't familiar with Chase Rice, I knew he sang country music, so I figured I'd like his music.

His opener was Sam Hunt. I had never heard of him before, but when I found out he wrote Kenny Chesney's "Come Over" and Keith Urban's "Cop Car" I was instantly impressed. Original songs included "Ex to See" (which sounds like "ecstasy" if you say it really fast) and "Raised on It." And then he started singing country classics like Alan Jackson's "Chattahoochee" and David Lee Murphy's "Dust on the Bottle,"making his own mash-up right there on stage. He even busted out with Montell Jordan's "This is How We Do It." It was so much fun! I loved how I not only got to sing along with songs I already love, but got to hear some new tunes that I'm sure will soon become favorites of mine!




Sam's bass player was very good looking, which never hurts a show. I was never able to get a good photo of the guitarist because he kept moving around so much, but he was so full of energy and fun to watch! This opening act was AWESOME.






Then came Chase Rice, the main star of the show. The first thing I noticed was just how HANDSOME this man is. Tall, broad shoulders, masculine facial features...Mmmhmm! I don't think any man has ever looked better in white jeans before. And he made this great homage to to Garth Brooks with his "American Honky-tonk Bar Association" T-shirt.



His band included a drummer, two guitarists, and a bass player who looked like Grizzly Adams (even Chase called him "Mr. Duck Dynasty."

Many songs were along the drinking/alcohol theme, like "PBJ's & PBR's," "Jack Daniel's & Jesus," and "Pop a Top Off." I think my favorite song of his was "Country as Me," and I loved that he called out to our MD/DC crowd, "You guys really are country up here!"


Chase had the crowd sing along with his song "Whoa" and he even pulled a little girl onstage to sing with him! She was so nervous, but so cute! He too sang some classic country songs, including Garth Brooks' "The Dance." I learned that Chase helped right the Florida Georgia Line hit "Cruise." I LOVE that song! And he sang the Nelly version, too (along with Nelly's "Country Grammar").


It was an amazing show. I'm definitely buying CDs from both of these artists!


No comments:

Post a Comment