Friday, October 18, 2013

Old Man in the Mountain, NH

I should preface this post by saying that the Old Man in the Mountain is no longer there. I saw him several times before he finally fell, but at least now there is a park where you can relive his glory days. Below are some photos.

There's the sign for the park, and a glimpse of Profile Lake, where the Old Man's reflection would have been.
That cliff is where the Old Man's face used to be.

This sign is hanging in the visitors center. Daniel Webster was a critical character at Dartmouth, so of course he already has a special place in my heart. But I love this quote from him.

Because of my family's connection to New Hampshire for the last 30+ years, we decided to buy a stone at the park to remember the Old Man by. Now every time I visit I will have to try to find our brick!


No comments:

Post a Comment