Saturday, January 12, 2013

Brunch


Brunch seems to be particularly popular amongst young professionals (probably because they're out late at night and can't wake up), and in DC brunch is "the thing" to do on the weekends. Now, I'm an early riser, and I need to eat as soon as I wake up. So brunch has never really been my thing, since by the time 11 rolls around, I've already eaten. However, since it's a trendy thing to do, I'll go with it. I have had brunch a couple of times, and I must say, I do greatly enjoy it. Eggs, sausage, pancakes...Why must we save these foods for only certain meals?! And of course buffets allow you to have a smorgasbord of scrumptious things without having to order every single item on the menu; as a small person, it's sometimes hard to get my money's worth at a buffet, but I either stuff myself until I pop, or I finagle my way into getting a to-go box (I can't believe I never got kicked out of Homeplate brunch for all the times I took food out from there). Brunch is a wonderful way to enjoy delicious food as well as catch up with friends over mimosas. Below are a list of restaurants that I recommend for brunch. Cheers to the best meal of the week!

The Chesapeake Room (Eastern Market)
14K Restaurant & Lounge (Farragut Square)
Redwood (Bethesda)
American Tap Room (Bethesda)

No comments:

Post a Comment