Friday, January 11, 2013

Stay in Touch!


After graduating from college, I realized how important my friends were to me and how much happiness they bring to my life. But once we all got jobs or went off to grad school, we were all over the country (all over the world!); we couldn't just text each other to grab lunch and be at the food court in 10 minutes. So I have made it a point to stay in touch with the people I grew really close to in school. Several of my sorority sisters live near me, so I get to see them quite frequently, which I am very grateful for. I have friends who I Skype with every once in a while, those who I talk to on the phone regularly, and last year I took two vacations strictly to see friends. Each friendship is special to me in its own way. I have friends who I go to for advice, some who make me laugh no matter what, and some (okay, just one) who stay by your side when you've had a little too much fun on your 22nd birthday. There are the older girls who I look up to, and the younger ones who see me as a mentor. They have seen my highest highs and my lowest lows, and nothing can replace the loyalty of a good friend. No matter what time zone they're in or how long it has been since you've last seen them, take the time to keep in touch: email, call, text, write...or all of the above! Good friends are hard to come by, so hold on to those relationships! They will last you a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment