Sunday, January 20, 2013

The walk of shame


I have not had a walk of shame in a very long time, so this post isn't about me. I actually want to advocate preventing your friends from having a walk of shame. Now I'm not saying to completely cock-block them, but just making sure they stay safe. Frequently I go out dancing with my friends, and one of them will meet some guy she likes, and she will want to go home with him. I, being the voice of reason, always like to say that, while it's none of my business, she doesn't know this man and that it may be unsafe to go back to his place. I say get his number, hang out another time, it doesn't need to be right now. I always like to go home with the girls I bring out with me: we go out into town together, and we end the night together; everyone is accounted for. And in the end, it usually works out. Either the guy texts her the next day for a real date (in which case he really did like her) or she never hears from him (in which case he's a jerk and it's better she didn't go home with him). Better safe than sorry, and in this day and age, you can't be too careful. So look out not only for yourself, but your friends, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment