Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rain rain, go away


It has now been rainy/wet/foggy for the past four days, and I'm getting sick of it, quite frankly. The only consolation I get is that it's not snow (I don't own a snow shovel, so I'd be in big trouble, and after spending four winters in New Hampshire during college, I'd be fine if I never saw a single snowflake again). But you know what they say: "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." So why not make a fashion statement to beat this weather? A classic, trench-style raincoat is a timeless piece that every woman should have in her closet. It's stylish AND useful!


I love the one I have from Land's End. The print makes it fun, and I need more fun on these rainy days. And while you're at it, get a cute umbrella and rain boots, too. It's hard to pull off multicolored polka dots or funny designs anywhere else. You can even wear patent leather heels or flats in the rain: just wipe them off with a paper towel and voila, they're clean as new (unlike suede or other cloth materials which can get ruined when wet). So even if it's not sunny weather, your outfit can be bright and happy :)




1 comment: