Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jewelry


There is a place and time for each piece of jewelry, but a woman should always be wearing some sort of ornament. In general I wear a gold pair of hoops, a signet ring my father received for his Bar Mitzvah, and if the outfits calls for a necklace, a tiny locket my aunt gave me on her wedding day. I'll admit that I am kind of lazy and rarely switch these up, though I may change my rings so that the gemstone matches my outfit (although I don't recommend being too matchy-matchy with a whole necklace/bracelet/ring/earrings set). I also have a couple of statement necklaces (which are all the rage right now) which can really bring a great "pow" to your outfit. I have long earrings for formal events and bangles for fun summer outfits, but in general I stick to classic pieces that are good anytime, anywhere. But collecting jewelry is so much fun, and it's good to know that you have a variety you can count on should the right occasion arise.

Here are two rules my mother taught me about jewelry:
1. You need a ring of every gem stone. Since I was 13, she and my father have been helping me with this goal, and once I have more disposable income, I'll take over.
2. Once you're all ready to head out for a night on the town or a hot date, take one piece of jewelry off. Chances are you overdid it.

"Ladies, frost yourselves!" -How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

*All of the links in this post are simply examples; I do not actually own those same pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment