Thursday, May 30, 2013

Gelato


I have never been a fan of gelato. Now I don't mean I don't like the taste. I think gelato is delicious, and I'll admit that if I had a personal gelato shop of my own, I'd eat a scoop of pistachio gelato every day.

BUT it's just so expensive! I went to Dolcezza the other day in Bethesda for the first time. The gelato shop has been there for some time (it's actually very cute, with periwinkle walls and pristine white accents of fancy chairs and pretty mirrors), but I've always walked past it because of the cost. I'd rather buy a whole half-gallon of ice cream than a teensy cup of gelato. But since I had never been in before, I figured I should try it. And you know what? It was even MORE expensive than I expected!!! The smallest cup available was over 5 dollars. FIVE DOLLARS for less than two scoops of gelato. Are you kidding me?!?! And was it worth it? No. Yes, it was yummy, but I could have had at least a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream for the same price, if not a s**t ton of Breyers.

Clearly I will NEVER go back. And, yes, I'm going to write a scathing Yelp review, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment