Saturday, May 25, 2013

Indoor Rock Climbing


I'm not the most adventurous person in the world. Okay, that's the understatement of the century. I don't like roller coasters, I would never skydive, and climbing Kilimanjaro has absolutely no appeal to me. However, there are moments when I feel bad ass. One is when I'm snowboarding, and the other was when I went indoor rock climbing the other day.

Again, being the cautious person I am, and wearing the title of "Princess," I probably will not rock climb again. However, it was fun while it lasted! You wear these funny little shoes (which made me think of bowling...), and then start climbing! It takes a little while to get a feel for which rocks to grab and which path to take to reach the top, but once you get going, it's not too hard! But, your body becomes sore soon after you begin. I first felt it in my forearms, then my shoulders and back, and eventually my glutes when I was using more of my lower body. I'm sure my form was not great: I could tell I was hugging the wall rather than letting myself hang or jump from rock to rock like a monkey. Once you become fatigued, it's hard to get going again; my body pretty much gave up on me.


But at least I looked the part! I can act like the sexy, outdoorsy, adventurous athlete...even if I don't really feel like that's my identity! I guess it's a part of who I am...a small part...a sliver...

So, I'm not going to become an avid rock climber anytime soon. I might mess up my next manicure...

No comments:

Post a Comment