Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"My Wish for You"



Since I'm going to see Rascal Flatts in concert at the Delaware State Fair this weekend, it only seems appropriate that I should blog about one of their songs. Granted, I love a lot of their songs (hence why I'm seeing them live for the second time), but for this post, we'll just focus on "My Wish," written by Jeffrey Steele and Steve Robson. I can't just pick one stanza that I like, so listen to the whole song with the link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGB7IWklW3s

This song is a little confusing because I'm not sure who's supposed to be saying these words to the listener. Is it the men of Rascal Flatts? Is it a family member, or an ex? Or is it God? 

But that doesn't really matter. I simply like that this song speaks about going after your dreams, achieving what makes you happy, and being a good person by forgiving others and lending them a helping hand when they need it. There's just absolutely nothing negative about this song! Every word makes me feel good. It makes me think of my parents, because I know that they would say those words to me: they've always wanted what was best for me, and have always encouraged me to do what's best for me. And in return for such good advice, I hope that I can do right by them now and in the future, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment