Sunday, August 18, 2013

Madam's Organ

Last night I met up with some friends who were doing a bar crawl in DC. I found them in Adams Morgan, at a bar called Madam's Organ (love the play on words). I had been to the bar several times before, and every time I go, I have a great time. It was actually one of the first bars I ever went to when I moved to DC, and now it's a go-to when I'm in the mood to party until 3 in the morning. The main thing I love about it is that it has four levels, each with its own vibe. The first floor has live music, which is usually blues and soul (so good!), and seems to have the oldest crowd. The second floor is like a club: dark, loud Top Forty music, and packed with kids who look like they're still in college (probably because they still are...They make me feel old!). Move up another level, and you'll found a lounge that looks like a saloon (swinging doors, cowboy decor), and this room is perfect for taking a break and just chatting with your friends. Then there's the roof, which is nice for a cool breeze (not exactly fresh air with smokers) and getting a drink with a long bar down the length of the room. So no matter what mood you're in, there's a place for you in Madam's Organ!

http://www.sketchy.com/graffiti/madams-organ-mural-in-adams-morgan-washington-d-c-2.html
*Sure looks different in the daytime...

No comments:

Post a Comment