Thursday, August 15, 2013

Smoking cigarettes

I have never smoked a cigarette, so please keep in mind that this post is coming from not only a non-smoker but a never-smoker.

I have never seen the appeal of smoking cigarettes. For one, I've known my whole life (as has the generation before me) that it's bad for you. It can cause all types of cancers, from your lungs to your throat to your mouth...ew. And not only is your body gross on the inside: it's nasty on the outside, too! Your teeth get stained, your skin looks dull, even your hair doesn't have a nice natural sheen to it. And now that you look bad, you smell, too. Your breath (obviously), but even your clothes, apartment (if you smoke inside), and car can smell like smoke, and I'm not even sure how you go about getting rid of that smell once it's there. And cigarettes are expensive! Depending on which state you live, they can cost anywhere from $4 to $12 per pack; if you smoke a pack a day, that's anywhere from
around $1500 to $4400 every year! Quite frankly, I have better things to spend my money on than little sticks of tobacco leaves that are easily disposable.

So to close: Your appearance is failing, you reek to high heavens, you're broke, and you're slowly killing yourself (and others around you with your second-hand smoke). Um...where's the appeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment